This easy-to-make DIY decoupage medium is the perfect touch to any home craft or project.
- Paper cup
- You can adjust the measurement of glue to water if necessary
- When cutting out intricate designs or special shapes, an X-ACTO knife works great!
- Magazines, greeting cards and pictures make great cutouts for a decoupage project
Making an excellent and inexpensive decoupage medium is easy with Elmer’s Glue-All and water.
To make decoupage medium:
- Use craft stick to mix together three parts Elmer's? Glue-All? with 1 part water in a paper cup.
- Stir well.
- Use sponge brush to spread mixture over surface.
- Papers may stretch or bubble up initially, so smooth out air from bubbles with finger and then go over area again with foam brush. Minor wrinkling will shrink and flatten as it dries.
- Let thoroughly dry over night and then spray surface with matte sealer.